62 Fitness And Diet Rules For A Lean, Stellar Physique
31. Lift weights.
It’ll strengthen your bones and build muscle. More muscle = more calories burned at rest. Plus you’ll look better. 18 other reasons why, here.
32. Get off the airport moving walkways.
If you have working legs, please walk. America can’t be that lazy.
33. Don’t drunk eat.
Your body always prioritizes the digestion of alcohol before food. What’s that mean? Any food you eat while you have alcohol in your system will just sit in your stomach…and sit there…and sit there some more…until it’s finally stored as fat.
34. Don’t be a zombie.
If you engage your mind just a little bit — any bit whatsoever – and hold a conversation you’ll boost your metabolic rate by over 200%, when compared to simply lying down on the couch and watching the Kardashians mindlessly.
35. Be an ingredient label expert.
If it says high fructose corn syrup, white flour, or partially hydrogenated oil throw it out. Also, get in the habit of avoiding everything with high sugar, sodium, trans fat, and saturated fat content.
36. Eat as few processed foods as possible.
Processed foods are low quality and typically filled with sugar, sodium, and artificial ingredients. Go whole when you can.
37. Avoid foods with a laundry list of ingredients.
Fewer ingredients = healthier food. Natural food = 1 ingredient.
38. Don’t eat foods that have sugar as the first, second, or third ingredient.
Nutrition labels list ingredients in order of quantity. The first ingredient is the most present, the last ingredient makes up the least amount.
39. Avoid artificial sweeteners.
If you need to sweeten something use stevia or honey. Honey’s a natural antioxidant and digests slowly, keeping your blood sugar under control.
Cardio is not just about burning calories. Increasing your cardiovascular fitness level can actually turn your body into a fat burning furnace. The higher your cardiovascular fitness, the more fat-burning enzymes your body will have. More fat-burning enzymes means that your body can more readily use body fat for energy.
- Interesting fact: people who are extremely out of shape run out of breath quickly because their bodies can only use carbs as fuel — they’re physically unable to tap into their fat stores for energy. That’s why dieting alone doesn’t work…you need to exercise to lose significant weight.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6