Clif Bars, Kashi Bars, Bear Naked Granola, & Nature Valley Bars Recalled Due To Listeria Contamination [News]
Recall, recall, recall. The recalls just keep hitting.
If you’re an energy and snack bar junkie, listen up. A LONG list of energy bars and products have been recalled due to potential listeria contamination, including bars from powerhouse brands like Kashi, Nature Valley, Clif, Quaker, and Bear Naked.
The threat of Listeria monocytogenes (L.mono)—and subsequent recalls over the past week—stems from a contamination of sunflower seeds and sunflower kernels distributed by SunOpta.
According to the FDA:
Listeria monocytogenes can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
While the potential illness is relatively minor for healthy adults, listeria can be especially dangerous for pregnant women, newborns, the elderly, and those with weak immune systems. Be extra cautious and triple check your cabinets.
We’ve provided a full list of all recalled products, brands, and bars below with their applicable UPC codes and use by dates.
Recalled Products (Listeria):
- Kashi Trail Mix Chewy Granola Bars (UPC: 18627 03000)
- Use By: MAR 01 2017 or earlier
- Kashi GOLEAN Honey Pecan Baklava Bars (UPC: 18627 10474)
- Use By: Jul 21 2016; Aug 07 2016; Sep 13 2016
- Bear Naked Soft Baked Granola, Cinnamon + Sunflower Butter (UPC: 84623 10163)
- Use By: Aug 14 2016 to Jan 11 2017
- Bear Naked Soft Baked Granola, Pepita + Hemp + Sunflower Butter (UPC: 84623 10168)
- Use By: Oct 14 2016 to Dec 04 2016
- MaraNatha All Natural Sunflower Seed Butter 12 oz. (UPC: 0 51651-09367 5)
- Use By: Jul 28 2016 to Dec 05 2016
- CLIF BAR Nuts & Seeds Energy Bar (UPC: All)
- Use By: Jun 08 2016 to Jan 21 2017
- CLIF BAR Sierra Trail Mix Energy Bar (UPC: All)
- Use By: Jun 05 2016 to Mar 24 2017
- CLIF Mojo Mountain Mix Trail Mix Bar (UPC: All)
- Use By: Jun 16 2016 to Feb 02 2017
- Quaker Quinoa Granola Bars Chocolate Nut Medley (UPC: 30000 32241)
- Quaker Quinoa Granola Bars Yogurt, Fruit & Nut (UPC 30000 32243)
- Planters Sunflower Kernels (UPC: All)
- Use By: 10/17/16-12/28/16
- Navitas Naturals Superfood+ Snack Bars: Cacao Cranberry/Goji Acai/Hemp Peanut/Maca Maple (UPC: 0476 0466)
- Atkins Snack, Day Break, and Meal Bars
We’ll continue to provide updates on the listeria recall as they become available.
ELLO ELLO I'm Bryan DiSanto.
I'm the Founder & Editor-in-Chief of Lean It UP
, a CPT/CSN/Fitness Coach, Chef trained at Le Cordon Bleu – Paris, NYU graduate, ex-fat kid
, and all-around fitness junkie.
I also contribute to Men's Health Magazine
When I'm not working on my abs (or somebody else’s), whipping up avocado roses
and avocado toast, or running a Tough Mudder, I'm probably yelling at a Carolina Panthers game somewhere.
Come be friends with me on Instagram (@BRYDISANTO)
& Snapchat (BRYDISANTO)
Latest posts by Bryan DiSanto (see all)