The Coconut Mango Power Protein Shake [Recipes]
*Disclosure: I’m a sponsored Meta Influencer, but all opinions are my own. Please see below for additional disclosure.
Shut your eyes for a second. Imagine that you’re laying back in a hammock—shaded by a coconut-studded palm tree—as you slowly rock under the blazing sun as waves come rolling in and out.
Even if that’s unrealistic and you’re actually bundled up in a parka, braving subzero temperatures as you traverse the urban arctic tundra, that’s exactly where our Coconut Mango Power Protein Shake will transport you to. We’ll take it, even if it’s only for a split second of delusional bliss.
Stuffed with superfoods like mango, coconut, and goji berries, it’s an uber-delicious, tropical geyser of nutrition that’s exploding with protein, fiber, B vitamins, healthy fats, antioxidants, and a spectrum of vitamins.
Blend it up, pour it out, and sip it down. Hell, go all-out and drink it straight from a coconut.
The Coconut Mango Power Protein Shake — Ingredients
Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1 HUGE smoothie or 2 mini smoothies
- 2 cups coconut almond milk
- 1 cup frozen/fresh mango
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup dried coconut strips
- 2 tbsp. goji berries
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder. Use our protein powder guide if you’re looking to buy a jug.
- 1 tsp. Metamucil Fiber Powder (unflavored) — an effortless way to boost fiber. It’s from psyllium and can help lower cholesterol and reduce hunger between meals.
- 4 ice cubes
We always recommend a high speed blender to make pro-status smoothies.
- (1) Throw everything in a blender (we recommend a Vitamix).
- (2) Blend. Pour it out and top with fresh coconut and goji berries.
- (3) Chug.
- Nutrition Stats: 340 calories, 18g protein, 8g fiber, 9g fat, 37g carbs, 21g sugar, 55% calcium, 12% iron, 9% potassium, 93% vit-A, 52% vit-C, 55% vit-E, 50% vit-B12
ELLO ELLO I'm Bryan DiSanto.
I'm the Founder & Editor-in-Chief of Lean It UP
, a CPT/CSN/Fitness Coach, Chef trained at Le Cordon Bleu – Paris, NYU graduate, ex-fat kid
, and all-around fitness junkie.
I also contribute to Men's Health Magazine
When I'm not working on my abs (or somebody else’s), whipping up avocado roses
and avocado toast, or running a Tough Mudder, I'm probably yelling at a Carolina Panthers game somewhere.
Come be friends with me on Instagram (@BRYDISANTO)
& Snapchat (BRYDISANTO)
Latest posts by Bryan DiSanto (see all)
Follow Lean It UP on Twitter
for real-time fitness/nutrition tips, advice, info and updates.
References, Notes, Links