[Giveaway] Get Into The Zone For Your Workouts — And Get Better, Faster — With FLOW
*Disclosure: Flow Athletics supplied 2 bottles of Flow to test out and is graciously giving away 5 bottles to all Lean It UP readers. This article is otherwise unsponsored.
My high-school wrestling coach always said “Practice doesn’t make perfect, Perfect Practice makes perfect.”
Do you ever leave a workout knowing you could have done better? And other times, you’re in total control — having fun and at your best, without even trying?
What’s the difference?
That’s flow. Also known as being in the zone. We talked about flow in an earlier article, and it’s the key to optimal performance in the gym. Workout junkies, you’re in luck — getting in the zone for your workouts is about to get simpler.
Flow by Flow Athletics is an herbal pre-workout nootropic blend, that was doctor formulated to get you in the zone more consistently. Developed and approved by combat athletes, Flow is not just about getting over your afternoon slump. And it’s definitely not about getting SO pumped that you’re angry and losing composure; Flow is designed to support calm, clear, zen-like focus. In practice, that allows you to relentlessly pursue your goal(s) (or your opponent), but with controlled aggression.
Get pumped (calmly) — we’re giving five of YOU the opportunity to get a bottle completely free.
What is Flow and What Are Its Key Ingredients?
I know Lean it UP readers love to cut the fat, so let’s skip the marketing talk and get down to business — what’s in it? Here are some of the key ingredients that make up the Flow blend. Flow is proudly made in the USA, in a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) certified facility, with United States Pharmacopeia verified ingredients.
That said, I always encourage every customer to do his/her own research on the ingredients. I can’t recommend Examine.com enough as an unbiased starting point on supplement research.
- Ashwagandha (withania somnifera): an Indian herb with a several thousand years of documented use in traditional Ayurvedic medicine. Studies using cell, animal, and human models have substantiated the ability of ashwagandha to support cognitive function and physical health during periods of adversity.
- Panax ginseng: an herb prized by many cultures that’s been incorporated into several traditional healing systems for thousands of years. Studies substantiate its ability to enhance physical performance and cognitive ability.
- Bacopa monnieri: an Asian herb used in traditional healing systems. In Indian Ayurvedic medicine, the leaves of this plant are used to improve memory, mood, and clarity of thought. Several modern studies have substantiated Bacopa’s cognitive, neuroprotective, and antidepressant properties.
- Rhodiola Rosea: a plant found throughout the mountainous regions of Europe and Asia. Documented use began with the Greeks. In 77 BC, Dioscorides touted its effectiveness in the management of mental fatigue and depression. Over several centuries, rhodiola has been clinically used throughout Russia and Scandinavia, amassing a great deal of substantiation. Studies involving animals and humans have substantiated the mood improving, cognitive enhancement, physical recovery, and stimulating properties of rhodiola.
Last, but not least, L-Theanine and Guarana:
- L-Theanine: an amino acid found in green tea (Camellia sinensis) leaves. Small quantities promote an alert, yet relaxed, clarity of thought.
- Guarana: seeds from the fruit of this South American plant are a significant source of natural caffeine.
Together, they make the world’s most substantiated nootropic. L-theanine augments the properties of caffeine, promoting a gentle, sustained span of attention (mimicking the brain patterns of the flow state).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
The Flow Athletics Giveaway
In coordination with Flow Athletics, we’re giving away 5 bottles of Flow to Lean It UP readers. Using the box below, you’re eligible for a total of SEVENTEEN entries by tweeting about the giveaway and/or following LIUP + Flow Athletics on social media (and if you’ve already liked/followed us, just claim your entry).
We fully encourage you to share the giveaway and enter as many times as possible. More actions = more entries and a greater shot at winning a fat bottle of Flow.
- Prizes: Five (5) Bottle of FLOW.
- End date: The giveaway closes on May 9th, 2014. We’ll announce the winners during the following week.
- Eligibility: Entries are open to anyone in the US, UK, Canada, and Mexico. Prizes are limited to one (1) bottle per person.
Get It: If you’re not one of the lucky five, Flow’s available from the Flow Athletics website — $38.49. Or get a free sample.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
is the founder of FlowAthletics.com, an NYU Wrestling Coach and a BJJ Blue Belt. When not training, he writes for the Flow Athletics blog.
If you want to get better at getting in the zone, be sure to follow Flow on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Latest posts by Gene Kobilansky (see all)
Follow Lean It UP on Twitter
for real-time fitness/nutrition tips, advice, info and updates.
References, Notes, Links