[Lean Meals] Balsamic Drizzled Butternut Squash Ravioli With A Kickin’ Sriracha Chicken & Veggie Medley
Ravioli’s relationship with cheese gives it an unfair rap as a gluttonous, engorged atomic bomb of calories, carbs, and saturated fat.
But ravioli is just the casing; the delivery system — inject it with butternut squash instead and it’s completely reconfigured into a dangerously delicious, melt-in-your-mouth package that’s oozing with vitamin A, protein and fiber, sans the calories or fat (only 190 calories/1.5g of fat per 8 ravioli serving).
Combine it with our dead simple, quick & dirty Kickin’ Sriracha Chicken and Veggie Medley and you’ve got a full-fledged lean powerhouse meal (and leftovers) ready-to-go in under 10 minutes.
ALL OF THAT rolls in at 450 calories and brings along a whopping 29 g of protein, 10.5 g fiber, 330% vit. A, and 642% vit. K, plus a little iron & calcium to boot.
- 16 pieces butternut squash ravioli (I like Fairway brand)
- Drizzle of balsamic glaze (I like Blaze)
- 2 pounds raw chicken breast
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup organic corn (I like Trader Joes’ roasted corn).
- 1 cup chopped spinach — frozen works.
- 2 tbsp Sriracha garlic chili sauce — feel free to use much more/less.
- Salt, pepper, poultry seasoning — poultry seasoning comes pre-made, but it’s typically a blend of parsley, sage, rosemary, marjoram, and onion powder.
*For 1 serving of ravioli and chicken.
- Calories: 450
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbs: 60 g
- Fiber: 10.5 g
- Net Carbs: 49.5 g
- Sugar: 8.5 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Vitamin A: 330%
- Vitamin K: 642%
- Calcium: 15%
- Iron: 10%
What To Do
Balsamic Drizzled Butternut Squash Ravioli
*Makes 2 servings (1 serving of Fairway brand makes 8 ravioli).
1. Boil a pot of water and drop in 16 pieces of butternut squash ravioli. One whopping serving packs 190 calories, 7 g protein, 3 g fiber, 1.5 g fat, and 120% DV vitamin A.
2. Drizzle the ravioli with a thick, rich balsamic glaze.
Kickin’ Sriracha Chicken & Veggie Medley
*Makes 2 servings, enough for 1 big meal and leftovers.
1. Spray a large pan with PAM and add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Place over medium heat.
2. Add 2 pounds of raw chicken breast, 1 cup of organic corn, and 1 cup of raw chopped spinach.
3. Season with 2 tbsp of Sriracha garlic chili sauce, a few cracks of fresh pepper, a dusting of sea salt, and a couple of shakes of traditional poultry seasoning.
4. Mix everything together thoroughly and flip the chicken once it turns white. Continue to cook until the chicken is a bright golden brown and the veggies are tender; about 5-10 minutes.
5. Plate both. Enjoy.
Follow Lean It UP on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest for real-time fitness/nutrition tips, advice, info and updates.
References, Notes, Links
ELLO ELLO I'm Bryan DiSanto.
I'm the Founder & Editor-in-Chief of Lean It UP
, a CPT/CSN/Fitness Coach, Chef trained at Le Cordon Bleu – Paris, NYU graduate, ex-fat kid
, and all-around fitness junkie.
I also contribute to Men's Health Magazine
When I'm not working on my abs (or somebody else’s), whipping up avocado roses
and avocado toast, or running a Tough Mudder, I'm probably yelling at a Carolina Panthers game somewhere.
Come be friends with me on Snapchat (BRYDISANTO)
Latest posts by Bryan DiSanto (see all)