[Lean Meals] Charge Up Your Day With My Lean Body, Complete Power Breakfast
Give me the choice of ANYTHING for breakfast — pancakes, crepes, bacon, green eggs & ham — and I’ll always come back to cinnamon-banana oatmeal and eggs.
It’s a nutritionally STACKED power breakfast, complete with complex carbs, antioxidants, fiber, and 36 g of HQ protein. Between the steel-cut oatmeal, dripping-juicy, fresh fruit, feather-light flax, and lean egg whites, it charges the body with an unparalleled shot of sustainable energy; big enough to crush any impending workout or think creatively (or both).
Like going back to your parents house, it feels home-y, and keeps me nutritionally grounded. Everyone needs a meal like that. Why not make it yours, too?
It’s delectable, filling, nutrient-dense, and the best part — ALL of that food rolls up to 465 lean calories.
What’s In It:
- 1/3 cup of Coach’s Oats — I love the thick, nutty taste of Coach’s, but feel free to use 1 serving of steel-cut, Quaker, or any other plain oatmeal.
- 1 medium banana — sliced
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds — grind the whole seeds yourself in a food processor; the omega-3’s in flax are unstable and oxidize quickly when they sit around in ground form (don’t buy pre-ground flax meal).
- Cinnamon — a few shakes, to taste.
- a few strawberries — I like banana to be the dominant flavor, so I generally only add 3 or 4.
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 diced Roma tomato
- Black pepper
- Hot sauce — I like Cholula or Frank’s, but use the hot sauce of your choice. To taste.
- Calories: 465
- Fat: 7 g
- Omega-3’s: 2.3 g
- Carbs: 65 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Net Carbs: 54 g
- Sugar: 20 g
- Protein: 36 g
- Vitamin C: 79%
- Vitamin A: 22%
- Vitamin K: 12%
- Potassium: 31%
- Selenium: 69%
Follow Lean It UP on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest for real-time fitness/nutrition tips, advice, info and updates.
References, Notes, Links
ELLO ELLO I'm Bryan DiSanto.
I'm the Founder & Editor-in-Chief of Lean It UP
, a CPT/CSN/Fitness Coach, Chef trained at Le Cordon Bleu – Paris, NYU graduate, ex-fat kid
, and all-around fitness junkie.
I also contribute to Men's Health Magazine
When I'm not working on my abs (or somebody else’s), whipping up avocado roses
and avocado toast, or running a Tough Mudder, I'm probably yelling at a Carolina Panthers game somewhere.
Come be friends with me on Snapchat (BRYDISANTO)
Latest posts by Bryan DiSanto (see all)