The Monday Shuttle (9/8) — Fitness & Nutrition News, Happenings, And Other Cool Things From Around The Web
Get caught up after the weekend hangover. From the latest news, studies, and happenings, to hot new recipes and other random cool things, we’ve got a rundown of the latest info to jumpstart your week ahead.
- Apple’s set to unveil the iPhone 6 tomorrow, along with its iWatch. Expect an emphasis on health and fitness. The iPhone will have an app called ‘Health’ baked in — it’s effectively a dashboard that pulls together all health/fitness-based data from different apps (think steps from Fitbit, calories from LoseIt!, NikeFuel from the Nike FuelBand, etc). This sits on top of Apple’s HealthKit technology (an SDK released earlier this year), which allows data to flow freely to and from ‘Health’ and other 3rd-party apps. (Trusted Reviews)
- The iWatch is reportedly set to come packed with 10+ sensors — tracking everything from blood pressure to heart rate. (Daily Mail)
- Fall is officially in full go mode. Chobani just unloaded its newest seasonal flavor — Pumpkin Spice. It’ll make an awesome base for pumpkin-laced protein smoothies and Greek yogurt protein pancakes. Their Apple Cinnamon is also available per usual, but with a little autumnal paint job. (Bustle)
- Apples are so blah. siggi’s is countering with a Spiced Pear variant of their Icelandic skyr. They also have a seasonal Pumpkin & Spice flavor that’s back in stores. Both are available exclusively at Whole Foods. (siggi’s)
- Organic matters. A meta analysis of 340+ studies revealed that organic food has 20-40x more antioxidants than their non-org counterparts. (Foodbeast)
- According to Flurry Analytics, usage of Health & Fitness apps skyrocketed by 62% over the past 6 months. That’s compared with a 33% bump for the mobile app industry overall. We should probably build ours faster. (Flurry)
ELLO ELLO I'm Bryan DiSanto.
I'm the Founder & Editor-in-Chief of Lean It UP
, a CPT/CSN/Fitness Coach, Chef trained at Le Cordon Bleu – Paris, NYU graduate, ex-fat kid
, and all-around fitness junkie.
I also contribute to Men's Health Magazine
When I'm not working on my abs (or somebody else’s), whipping up avocado roses
and avocado toast, or running a Tough Mudder, I'm probably yelling at a Carolina Panthers game somewhere.
Come be friends with me on Instagram (@BRYDISANTO)
& Snapchat (BRYDISANTO)
Latest posts by Bryan DiSanto (see all)
Follow Lean It UP on Twitter
for real-time fitness/nutrition tips, advice, info and updates.