[Recipes] Impress Your Friends And Jack Up Your Protein Intake With The Lush, Pineapple, Greek Yogurt Parfait
Cooking should be exciting, chromatic, and creative. Dead simple, too. The Lush, Pineapple, Greek Yogurt Parfait meets all the aforementioned criteria, plus its glowing radiance will blow away your friends & fam.
If you’re looking to whip up something quick & easy that’s gushing with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants; packed with protein; and works as an energizing kick-start breakfast or optimal post-workout meal, give it a spin. You might even make it your own little, delicious, vegetative oasis away from life’s other complications.
Want other funky Greek yogurt recipe ideas? Check out out 14-recipe parfait guide here.
Contents can vary depending on your preferred fruit & garnishes, ours contained:
- 1 7 oz. container of 2% plain FAGE Greek yogurt (feel free to sub with 0% plain Greek yogurt/whatever your personal favorite is)
- 1 whole pineapple (for the bowl)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup mango chunks
- 1/4 cup sliced pineapple
- *Optional — flax seed, chia seed, cacao powder, cinnamon, nuts, etc.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1. Cut the butt off a pineapple and scoop out the contents with a knife/spoon. This is your pineapple bowl.
2. Add a 7 oz. container of Greek yogurt to the pineapple bowl. Feel free to drop in a few rolling dollops, or smather it everywhere.
3. Cut up the fruit of your choice and stick it on top. Mango, pineapple (definitely use the contents that you already scooped out), pomegranate seeds, strawberries, banana, kiwi, blackberries, etc. all make phenomenal choices.
Flax seed, chia seed, cacao powder, cinnamon, and nuts are also great garnish options to diversify the flavor profile, add crunch, and amp up the healthy fat content.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Will vary depending on fruit/garnish used, ours had:
- Calories – 240
- Fat – 4 g
- Total Carbs – 31 g
- Fiber – 2 g
- Sugar – 25 g
- Protein – 20 g
- Calcium – 20%
- Vitamin C – 96%
- Vegetarian, gluten free
Just don’t do this…
Follow Lean It UP on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest for real-time fitness/nutrition tips, advice, info and updates.
ELLO ELLO I'm Bryan DiSanto.
I'm the Founder & Editor-in-Chief of Lean It UP
, a CPT/CSN/Fitness Coach, Chef trained at Le Cordon Bleu – Paris, NYU graduate, ex-fat kid
, and all-around fitness junkie.
I also contribute to Men's Health Magazine
When I'm not working on my abs (or somebody else’s), whipping up avocado roses
and avocado toast, or running a Tough Mudder, I'm probably yelling at a Carolina Panthers game somewhere.
Come be friends with me on Instagram (@BRYDISANTO)
& Snapchat (BRYDISANTO)
Latest posts by Bryan DiSanto (see all)