[Recipes] Launch Your Day STRONG With The Coconut Goji Breakfast Bowl
Spin your breakfast in a new direction and launch your day STRONG with our Coconut Goji Breakfast Bowl — an uber nutritious, explosively delicious upgrade on plain oatmeal.
It’s more than just a boring bowl of oatmeal — it’s a dynamic, relentless food experience. The consistency is MAGICAL, combining the crunch of coconut flakes, creaminess of almond butter, and chewiness of goji berries for a unique crescendo of flavor and texture.
Try it, you’ll just know.
Beyond its chromatic vibrance and massive, multi-layered flavor, the CGBB is a balanced nutritional powerhouse. It’s gushing with potent antioxidants, including vitamin A, beta-carotene, and other carotenoids; laced with healthy fats, courtesy of almond butter and coconut; and packed with fiber and 12g of multi-source protein (fit for vegetarians/vegans).
Whether you’re refueling after a body-blasting workout or kicking off the day with a radiant vengeance, it’s a quick-and-dirty way to fit in a bowl of pure, unadulterated healthy bliss. It whips up in about 2 minutes, 38 seconds with only 4 key power ingredients: oats, goji berries, unsweetened coconut flakes, and almond butter.
And if you want to infuse an extra shot of protein, go crazy and toss in a dollop of Greek yogurt. Or add a tall, frosty protein shake on the side. Whatever tickles your taste buds.
The Coconut Goji Breakfast Bowl — Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup instant oats — steel cut oats work, too, if you have more time. I make it with coconut-almond milk (I like Califia) to add a little extra creaminess.
- 2 tbsp (1 oz.) goji berries — I like Navitas Naturals. They’re MUCH cheaper/oz. on Amazon (sometimes half as expensive). Buy a bag online, you’ll save money.
- 2 tbsp (1 oz.) unsweetened coconut flakes (I like Bob’s)
- 1 tbsp almond butter — peanut butter works as a sub also.
- 1 dash of cinnamon
- 1 dash of salt
The Coconut Goji Breakfast Bowl — Directions:
Total Time: 3 minutes | Servings: 1
- 1. Throw 1/2 cup of instant oats into a bowl, add 1 cup of water (or coconut-almond milk, almond, skim, etc.), and pop it into the microwave for 1 minute 45 seconds.
- 2. Add goji berries, unsweetened shredded coconut, and a dollop of almond butter.
- 3. Dust the entire bowl with cinnamon and a dash of salt.
- 4. Mix and enjoy.
The Coconut Goji Breakfast Bowl — Nutrition:
- Calories — 390
- Total Fat — 15g
- Carbs — 54g
- Fiber — 9.5g
- Protein — 12.5g
- Vitamin A — 140%
- Vitamin C — 20%
- Vitamin E — 25%
- Iron — 17%
Follow Lean It UP on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest for real-time fitness/nutrition tips, advice, info and updates.
ELLO ELLO I'm Bryan DiSanto.
I'm the Founder & Editor-in-Chief of Lean It UP
, a CPT/CSN/Fitness Coach, Chef trained at Le Cordon Bleu – Paris, NYU graduate, ex-fat kid
, and all-around fitness junkie.
I also contribute to Men's Health Magazine
When I'm not working on my abs (or somebody else’s), whipping up avocado roses
and avocado toast, or running a Tough Mudder, I'm probably yelling at a Carolina Panthers game somewhere.
Come be friends with me on Snapchat (BRYDISANTO)
Latest posts by Bryan DiSanto (see all)