*UPWODs are Lean It UP’s Workout of the Day. For more info on UPWODs, how to do them effectively, and what they’re all about, read the introductory guide before starting.
**You can find all of our previous UPWODs here.
Finish your week FAST.
After absolutely obliterating your body with heavy weight over the past 4 days, UPWOD Nº23 drops the weight, kicks up the speed and agility, and focuses exclusively on cranking up the intensity and burning maximal body fat — both during and after your workout.
The Fat-Blasting, Uber-HIIT Turbulence Workout uses traditional HIIT, quick-hitting circuit training, and a number of bodyweight exercises to burn up your muscles, hammer the abs, and ultimately, keep your heart rate elevated throughout so that fat pours off.
Work through the workout in order with as little rest as possible. Your goal is to finish the entire thing as quickly as possible.
Giddy up and watch the fat fireworks fly.
[UPWOD Nº23] The Fat-Blasting, Uber-HIIT Turbulence Workout
The grey column provides substitute exercises that you can do in-home with resistance bands (RBs) and dumbbells so that everyone can blast through the UPWODs.
If you don’t have resistance bands, I use and recommend Black Mountain’s set. If you need dumbbells, I love the Bowflex SelectTech 552 adjustable dumbbells.
**Bonus info for each exercise:
- 1. Rowing Machine (1000m) — row 1000m as quickly as possible.
- 2. [CIRCUIT SET] Jumping Lunges + Bicycle Crunches + Ab Planks — do all 3 exercises back-to-back. For jump lunges, ascend into the air and immediately lunge with the opposite front foot. Move fluidly and continue to jump without stopping.
- 3. [CIRCUIT SET] Burpees + Ab V-Ups + Air Squats — do all 3 exercises back-to-back. For burpees, do a push up at the bottom of each rep and jump up at the top.
- 4. Rowing Machine (1000m) — row 1500m as quickly as possible.
- 5. [CIRCUIT SET] Mountain Climbers + Medicine Ball Slams + Medicine Ball Rotational Throws — do all 3 exercises back-to-back. For throws, rip through your core and throw a medicine ball horizontally against a wall to your side.
- 6. [CIRCUIT SET] Side Planks + Russian Twists + Leg Lifts — do all 3 exercises back-to-back. For Russian twists, hold a med ball or weight and tap it against the ground on either side. Keep your feet raised and balance on your butt.
- 7. [HIIT CARDIO] Incline Treadmill — set a treadmill to a 10% incline. Alternate 45 second intervals at 3MPH and 10MPH. Modify speeds as needed. Continue for 10 minutes.